Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hi! Fly Guy


My son is a 6-year-old emerging reader.  I think this is one of the most difficult stages for picking books.  Since reading is still a lot of work, it is important that I find books that he is excited to read and that are at the right reading level for him.

Tedd Arnold's Fly Guy series has been a great find for us. One, it is a series! I found not just one book he likes but a whole series, hooray!  And he loves them.  They are funny and have just the right amount of gross (like getting stuck in a smelly trash can) humor for him to be excited about.
They also have a great word/page ratio for him.  I would say these are not at the level of a brand new reader but a little more experienced beginner reader.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here by a different website and thought I
should check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you.
Look forward to checking out your web page for a second time.


Here is my blog: games for girls 3

Emma | My Book Corner said...

You are right - it's a bit of an 'inbetween' age isn't it?!

I'm enjoying the influx of illustrated chapter books on to the market at the moment which are perfect for emerging readers.

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Sean Tiner said...

Great recommendation! Another excellent book is THE ADVENTURES OF CEE LO THE DUCK on Amazon's Kindle: http://amzn.to/1stn9uq